PDA

View Full Version : Vent Tube???

TxBeaux
08-29-2004, 05:25
While in the mist of moving everything over to my new long block, I discovered a tube coming out of the back of the old block. It turns down and goes out the side of the block above the oil filter. There is a place on my new "506" block for this tube but it didn't come with one. Can someone enlighten me? What is this tube and is it required? Will it pry out? Thanks, Jim

gmctd
08-29-2004, 08:12
If it is from the open valley between the "V", it is just a 'director', so any liquid run-off drips to one spot, rather than all over the back of the engine\trans.

a5150nut
08-29-2004, 08:56
gmctd

Visited your photo album. Nice rig! But it brings up two questions......

1. Where did you find the Dana box? And is it under/direct/over?

2. Are those turn signals on the mud flaps?

So I lied, 3 questions...... :eek:

TxBeaux
08-29-2004, 11:41
GMCTD
Thanks for the info. Once I got the flywheel off, I could see the bolt that held it all together. Once removed, the line came right out. Done Deal...Now if everything else would go that easy.....

gmctd
08-29-2004, 11:52
The D-S 5831 is 2.0 low, direct, and 0.73 over, same physical size as the Muncie SM-465 granny-low box.
Mine was inherited from back in the '80s, but they appear on e-bay and such, with variations on the ratios.

Just reflections on the flaps, but super-brite orange LED's in the arrows is a future possibility. :cool: