PDA

View Full Version : up date from newbe on Injector problem

Cliff Lewis
10-30-2010, 10:44
My truck is a 2004 3500 Dually with a LLY DM the truck is used for hauling boats around the country ,It has 214000 miles when the injector gave me a problem in Vegas and the first mistake I made was not going to a GM garage. Anyway back to the problem at hand the heads have a non-replacable injector linner and the leak is in the injector hole at the base of the hole. I have spoken to people and shops all around the country and they all say the heads are no good. So I looked and I looked and there are none to be found. So today I got NEW heads from a friend who has connections with a dealership. OUCH . My question to all that I have talked to is..Can you damage the heads by putting in new injectors and all have said no. What do ya'll think?:cool:

Mark Rinker
10-31-2010, 18:31
hey cliff - thanks for checking in. as I mentioned on the phone, what you've experienced is NOT a common malady. Hopefully one of the GM techs here on TDP will have seen what you are referring to.

As I recall, what your problem started shortly after all 8 injectors were replaced, correct?

Q: Where exactly was your coolant leak coming from? Did you see any coolant mixing with crankcase oil?

Cliff Lewis
11-01-2010, 05:15
hey cliff - thanks for checking in. as I mentioned on the phone, what you've experienced is NOT a common malady. Hopefully one of the GM techs here on TDP will have seen what you are referring to.

As I recall, what your problem started shortly after all 8 injectors were replaced, correct?

Q: Where exactly was your coolant leak coming from? Did you see any coolant mixing with crankcase oil?

Ha Mark, Yes the injectors were replaced in Vegas. No leaks all they way home ran perfect . Sunday after church I went to unload my truck and say a big wet spot under truck . Yes we saw the leak, my mechanic pulled the fender well on the right bank and you could see the anti freeze leaking at the front corner of head. The pressure leak was discovered when he took the heads in to be skim cut. the machine shop cleaned and psi checked before cutting and that leak is in the hole were the injector goes and it seems to be pretty low in the hole No I had no oil @ anti freeze mixing