PDA

View Full Version : IDK WTF I did

its512eric
11-02-2010, 15:46
I don't know what I did; I do know what I did wrong.

I have been having problems with random stalling. So I followed the forms here:
first by replacing the fuel cap - it was origional,
next by replacing the OPS on my way to the PMD and is where I went wrong.

As I was hooking up the plug and I heard it arc (no i didn't unhook the battery, yea yea I know) and now my truck has serious issues.

I do not have the 'wait' indicator light and I do not see it testing on the dash battery meter or hear it clicking, nor do I have an 'engine service soon' indicator - the truck does not go through the process of either.

I no longer have fuel at the 't' valve either. It cranks and acts like it should start but it doesn't.

I tested all the fuses I could think as being related and know (by guage readings) the the connector to the OPS is not what died.

When you stop laughing, A fuel system electical diagram and any advise would be so nice.

racer55
11-02-2010, 18:30
I would start with the fuel solenoid fuse,It controls the fuel solenoid and ESO solenoid and I believe by default powers at least part of the function of the PMD.
Have you cracked and injector line to see if you have fuel at the injectors?
I loose track of the year but on some models there is a relay and a fuse for the lift pump mounted on the passenger side of the firewall-worth checking that also.

its512eric
11-03-2010, 06:25
When the rain breaks I will get out there and check the solenoid fuse, I don't recall seeing any fuse/relay mounted on the passenger firewall, but I will look specifically. No I haven't checked the injector line, Will make that third today on the to-do list.
Ty

racer55
11-03-2010, 06:52
Ok the relay and fuse on the firewall don`t apply to your truck,your clever use of Y2K in your sig made me think you weren`t going to tell folks the year of the truck you were working with,so I truied to ciover 94-95 models too.

Maybe change your sig to say 2000 so its less confusing.

Pull and check every underhood fuse since they can be corroded and carry enough power to light your test light but may not handel thier proper loads.

its512eric
11-03-2010, 08:08
Just came back in and seen your post, yea there is nothing there. I have already pulled and checked (multi meter) every fuse that may even remotely apply, hood and dash. All test good and all have current to box. So much for the cheap fix.

I bet you can guess what color the Beast is too.

suburbanK-2500HD
11-03-2010, 09:44
I would start with the fuel solenoid fuse,It controls the fuel solenoid and ESO solenoid and I believe by default powers at least part of the function of the PMD.
Have you cracked and injector line to see if you have fuel at the injectors?
I loose track of the year but on some models there is a relay and a fuse for the lift pump mounted on the passenger side of the firewall-worth checking that also.

the 1994 has it on the firewall

JohnC
11-03-2010, 10:00
Exactly what plug were you hooking up? (PMD,PCM???)

Was the arc inside the connector?

Start checking fusible links...

its512eric
11-03-2010, 12:05
The OPS is what I have just installed. Yes I assume the arc was inside the connector, I heard it but did not see or feel it.
No visiable problems with the fusable links, I had a second set of eyes put on them as well.

rameye
11-03-2010, 14:06
Any chance you wacked/ shorted the glow plug solenoid???

Would explain some things...

Its right in the general area...

Yukon6.2
11-04-2010, 07:57
Hi
Plug in the block heater,let the motor warm up and then try to start.That will help eliminate the glow plug system as your problem.
Good Luck
Thomas

its512eric
11-04-2010, 19:29
After a hard afternoon of mostly non-productiveness, I believe that I am loosing power in the harness between the OPS and the under-the-hood fuse box. The diagram I have doesn't show any inline fuses there, but in the morning I will look anyway. I have power to the OPS and none to the fuel pump relay in the fuse box. Don't know if this explains the mising "check engine" self test.

Any other thoughts?

Good news, I learned that my IP is still under warrenty/recall. Gonna go get a new one soon. As soon as it starts.

its512eric
11-07-2010, 12:19
ECM-B fuse under the hood. Two people tested it as good. If you happen along someone that looses their mind and shorts out the MIL and wait light controls, just change the fuse first - no matter what the miltimeter says!