PDA

View Full Version : Lift pump replacement - brands vs quality vs price?

AJMBLAZER
11-04-2010, 16:45
The lift pump on The Blazer is leaking pretty good when it gets warm. There's diesel all over under the truck and just sitting it leaks a nice spot when cooling down.

I've had bad luck with some aftermarket parts so I like to go ACDelco whenever I can. However right now I can get a $20 plus tax pump from NAPA that goes for $15 plus shipping on RockAuto, a $20 something pump from RockAuto, or a $40 ACDelco pump from RockAuto. The ACDelco part will probably have to wait a while until I can afford it whereas I could probably squeak out the NAPA part tomorrow after payday and maybe have a driving truck sooner. However if it's crap I don't want to waste my time.

Save and wait for RockAuto's ACDelco part or visit NAPA for the el cheapo?

trbankii
11-04-2010, 18:49
Just installed the ACDelco model from RockAuto on my truck the other month. Personally, I'd save up the extra dough and do it right.

AJMBLAZER
11-04-2010, 19:17
Thanks. Hearing the same elsewhere so seems like a consensus.

DmaxMaverick
11-05-2010, 00:58
I agree, for what it's worth.

Install a Napa, or other sub-standard pump, and you'll likely be replacing it again in a year or two, and if you're lucky, it won't be at the worst possible moment. The ACD's seem to last for decades by comparison.