PDA

View Full Version : Great dealer experience

Dvldog 8793
07-25-2003, 13:13
Howdy
Just recently my truck started to develope a small miss at around 1600rpm. Nothing seriouse, in fact I didn't even notice it until they repaved my road and I had a nice smooth test surface. The truck had 119,850 miles and I figured "What the hell, I'll take it in." The dealer called me the next day and said there were no codes and they couldn't get it to duplicate the miss and it never stalled. BUT if I wanted them to they would fill out the paper work and get me a new pump! NO BRAINER!!!! needless to say the truck is getting a new heart as I type this. They also are putting in a Phaser gear set for me for $175.00 plus my parts.
THIS is what warrenty work should be like everytime!
Just thought I would share a GOOD experience!
L8r
Conley

Dvldog 8793
07-28-2003, 20:55
Howdy
Just got the truck back today. I don't know if the pump was good or bad or going but the combination of a new pump and the Phaser timing gear set seems to have turned it into a whole different truck! For the better that is. Starts about the same, fast and easy. Runs smoother, pulls stronger, gained 1 psi of boost, spools up faster and cruises smoother with more felt power. I'm thinking the majority of this is due to the gear set and maybe the timing, 1.75.
Anyways all in all it's been a great experience!
I hope/wish everyone else could have the same at their local dealer.
They even gave me the old FSD off my old pump for an additional spare!
L8r
Conley