PDA

View Full Version : LB7 injectors

mcguyver
11-17-2010, 20:53
How bad is it to put injectors in a lb7 I put a new pump on it 4 months ago it was so bad it wasnt hardly giving it enough fuel to run so now with 300,000 miles on it she needs injectors. it smokes really bad and has a miss at a idle so its injector time I work on cat cummins and detroits but havent been into a duramax just wondering how bad it was to do and any special tools that I may need do you have to replace the inj, cups ect. ect.

Kennedy
11-18-2010, 08:21
More and more Dmaer's are diggining in and doing their own. There is a detailed article here:

http://www.thedieselpage.com/members/duramax/LB7InjectorReplacementc.htm

We stock teh injectors, seals, and high pressure lines. I highly recommend replacing all 8 HP lines. The line nut is captured and cannot be slid to clean the line. A lot of debris, road salt, etc settles down between teh line nut and line. When you remove them you will see a pile of crappy rusty junk deposit itself in the inlet blow of the injector. This can and will recur when you install the lines to your new injectors.

madmatt
12-01-2010, 07:18
they're not hard to do or overly technically "involved" but they are time consuming when you're new to the procedure. Book time is 10hrs, No special tools are a must, but do help sometimes. Take you time, follow the procedure here, make certain to torque at least the injectors and return lines to the correct spec. Buy a torque wrench if you have to but DO NOT do the procedure unless you can make sure those get torqued correctly.