PDA

View Full Version : New brakes, but rotors are warping again??

arveetek
11-18-2010, 07:35
I put all new brakes on the front of the Tahoe 15,000 miles ago. New rotors, calipers, pads, and hoses. Everything was great for a while, but now the rotors appear to be warping again. When I apply the brakes, the steering wheel shakes back and forth.

What could be causing this to happen so soon again?

Casey

Yukon6.2
11-18-2010, 08:55
Hi
A shot in the dark...chinese parts....?:(
Thomas

87max
11-18-2010, 09:28
Hope you got ones with decent warrenty, take the offender back! I had a rear caliper take a dump on my daughters taurus after a year, advance took back no questions. Out the labor but at least not part.

arveetek
11-18-2010, 12:38
I should probably pull everything back apart and check things out before I just start guessing, eh? ;)

Robyn
11-24-2010, 08:03
I had this issue with a couple IFS trucks.

The dealer fixed the one rig 3 times during warranty and it still did it within a few Thousand miles.

I finally pulled it apart and replaced the pads and rotors with the cheap crap from NAPA (Chinese rotors and middle of the road pads) never wobbled again. Go figure.

All the other times were top quality US made rotors and the best pads.

I have never had this issue on the older straight axle trucks at all.

I dont understand exactly whats happening. All the times I have wrenched on these brakes I have never found a rotor to be warped and actually wobble. I suspect its hard spot/soft spot issues where the pads grab harsher in some areas than others due to the rotors surface frictional quality changing after they have been hot a few times.

I have since only used the NAPA stuff thats made overseas. Not another issue.

The first two times on the 95 Burb it was all GM parts too. ??????????//

Wish I had a better answer.

Missy