PDA

View Full Version : Code reader ++

JohnC
11-20-2010, 08:55
Has anyone found a good package, either stand alone or laptop based, to analyze these later trucks? I'm looking for something to use on my '06 that can read data from things like ABS and BCM systems. (In particular, right now I want to read the wheel speed sensor outputs). I already have a Predator that reads engine data, but I it's pretty limited beyond that.

TIA

cowboywildbill
11-22-2010, 10:33
Snap On, but very pricy and it cost $$ to keep updated. If you are really serious about doing your own trouble shooting you might find a deal on a TECH II on line, like some of the auction sites. Then it's nice to have a friend at a GM Dealer that is willing to update it for you every few months. Although you can get it updated from online souces also for a little $.
And if you own other GM product's, then it's a plus to have the TECH II. There is a brand, I think it's called INOVA that has some scanners that will do some ABS and Transmission Data. But for all of the functions /BCM's ECM's and such you can't beat the TECH II.
I broke down and bought a TECH II Chineese Cloan for a lot less money. It works great.
A friend of mine that is GM Technician at a Dealership has used my TECH II and couldn't tell the difference whatsoever compared to the one's they have in the shop.
J.K. sells a nice unit, but I don't know if it does ABS and BCM functions.
In my opinion TECH II is the way to go, and it's not really hard to use either. Although it is a lot smarter than me. LOL