PDA

View Full Version : Banks ram air

raunch
11-24-2010, 08:09
By chance, I came across the Banks 'ram-air' set up on the 'net. It is basically the 'Swanger-air' that most of us are familiar with, only that is uses a 4" K&N type filter.

I am not too excited about the filter, but what got my attention was the pre-fabbed intake housing to replace the stock intake muffler. For the time, money, and hassle of building my own I would seriously consider paying the price for the banks set up ($188). However, because of my fuel filter set up I wonder about the fit in my suburban. Does anyone have the Banks system installed and could post a photo? That way I could compare that to mine before I buy the Banks system.

Here is a link to the Banks system

http://http://www.bankspower.com/products/show/295/11

Thanks

Subzilla
11-24-2010, 08:58
Got one on each of my 6.2 vehicles. One came with a complete exhaust system for my Sub 12 years ago and I just ordered the snorkel only for my Blazer about 5 years ago. Like you, I didn't want the K&N. I would definitely call them and get the price for just the snorkel as they will sell parts individually. I was also considering fabbing my own but this thing just looks so much better.

When installed, I could feel a small increase in performance - maybe it was just the increased sound from the air cleaner but I really do think it makes a difference. Plus it makes the engine look a whole lot better - especially when you remove the butt ugly factory air intake. It's fairly easy to install, just need some tin snips and patience to open up the hole on the air cleaner. Fits perfectly in the engine compartment. Flows off to the southwest as you're looking "north" toward the firewall. Don't know how your fuel filter system is fabbed up.

raunch
11-24-2010, 09:32
Here are some photos of the fuel filters in another post. For some reason, I cannot post the individual photos again

Probelms with the link to the thread too. If you want to see the photos, the thread is called 'Racor filter recommendations'.

It looks like there may be room to sneak the snorkel by the Racor filter