PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 heads on 6.2 block tech help please

msomers
11-26-2010, 17:22
I have put 6.5 heads and injectors on 6.2 block got it all together and now it dont start right. I was wondering if the camshaft has to be 6.5 I have 6.2 camshaft in it and I cant get it timed right

More Power
11-27-2010, 15:50
If there's a difference between the 6.2 & 6.5 cams, I'm not aware of it. Swapping heads and fuel injection systems shouldn't be a problem. It's been done many-many times. I suspect you have an unrelated problem - like air in the fuel system, timing set not timed correctly, incorrectly installed fuel injector lines (i.e. a couple of them were inadvertently swapped) or something else.

Jim

msomers
11-28-2010, 09:07
I finaly got it starting and idleing right. and then it went right back to not starting. Its got me and about 5 of my friends baffelled

Subzilla
11-30-2010, 11:32
Just did this very thing a few months ago. Engine runs like it never has - much more power and easier starting.

As Jim said, you may still have air in the lines. I know I've had mine idling after changing fuel filters, then headed up the street and it would die - still air in the lines. If you had it idling right, then it sounds like the timing is good. It won't change by itself to keep the engine from restarting unless you left the IP bolts loose.

Also, how are your glow plugs? Getting power to the plugs? Maybe you knocked a wire loose.