PDA

View Full Version : Super

moss6
11-29-2010, 16:47
After installation of the Pullrite Super Glide frame mounts on the 2011 I think I can offer some tips to make the installation much easier than following the Pullrite installation instructions.
First don't mess with using the provided thread-on pull wire provided with the mounting kit used to thread the bolts thru the holes in the boxed frame; instead take the bolts that are provided with the welded on dowels that prevent turning when torqueing them down (also have the bent wire loops welded to the bolt ends) and drill 3/32" holes in the bent wire loops so that you can thread common tie/bailing wire thru the loops. (holes in the loops as they come from the factory will not allow the insertion of the wire) The use of the tie wire in the loops will make the installation of the bolts thru the mounting holes in the frame (opposite side of frame access holes about 10" away from mounting hole position) much easier than the tempered wire provided because you can put a bend in the tie wire to face the hole where you cannot with the tempered wire; also the tie wire is much easier to attach than threading on the provided wire.
Second go ahead and install all four of the wire attached bolts in their respective holes with the wire sticking though the frame, this is contrary to the instructions. Then install the driver side bracket using both the wire attached bolts and at least two of the rear bolts, preferably all four, and tighten secure to seat the bracket tight to the frame before drilling the pilot holes that you have already maked in the truck bed per the Pullrite directions. (wires of the attached bolts are threaded thru the holes in the mounting brackets allowing nuts to be installed but wires are left on) If the clamp method as per the Pullrite directions is used you will find that the position of the brackets will change after all bolts are tighted making the position of the pilot holes in-accurate. Hence the better method of tightening and bolts to gain final bracket position and I think if you do good layout in the bed for pilot holes you will find that the position is really close.
After drilling the pilot holes and then removing the brackets to see if pilot holes are in the correct position adjustment if any will be minimal if any and when you reinstall the brackets for final torqueing the tough to install bolts will already be in place for bracket final torque down.
If this does not make sense now, I think it will when you read through the Pullrite directions before starting your install.
After installation I think you will find that this is one of the most solid fifth wheel mounts ever.