PDA

View Full Version : Locating grounds on the 1997 6.5 TD

Ms54Coupe
12-06-2010, 13:23
Hello guys...I am heading up to look at a 6.5 Turbo Diesel soon and after reading through some threads I see that bad grounds are responsible for a lot of issues. Is there a picture thread with instructions of where these grounds are located? I will be traveling about 2 hours to look at this truck and want to inspect as much as I can while I am there.

Thanks,

Nate

rameye
12-07-2010, 05:58
Front of the intake manifold ..drivers and pass side.... rear of manifold passenger side to firewall just above manifold.....small one hidden in the back where the starter is...did I miss any??

Remember all positive connections can be consider part of the circuit also...that means all battery connections and starter connection...main feed to fuse box in engine compartment...outbound cable from fuse box into cab.

Make sure the lift pump is putting fuel to pump....make sure the glows are actually glowing... pull the drivers side and watch...do they glow?? Dont depend on the dash light. make sure the fuel shut off solenoid is clicking. Heck, if you pull off the drivers glows...pretty easy...see if the injectors are fogging the cylinders (disconnect glows for this to avoid a kaboom)

Ok thats your tool box...good luck..I'm in CT...so if you get it maybe I'll do a field trip.

Later

Ms54Coupe
12-07-2010, 06:50
good luck..I'm in CT...so if you get it maybe I'll do a field trip.

Later

Might take you up on that...this thing could be a challenge