PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 diagnostic

gaston57
12-07-2010, 12:12
hi guys
i own a 94 gmc k1500 with an l65 engine out of a 96 k3500.i love my truck but i ha ve an intermitant stalling peoblem,i start it cold and it runs great but i may be 5 minutes down the road or 2 hours down the road it may stall idle or at 120 kph makes no difference,sometimes i just restart it and it goes for 2 seconds and stalls again i can restart it 20 times in a row and it stalls again then all of a sudden it's ok.it always starts cold no problem but this usually happens if i drive the truck to the store,stop it and restart it 10 minutes later but may also stall just leaving home after 10to 15 minutes driving.sometimes it will not restart at all then i open the hood and fondle with the conector to the pmd(mounted on the top engine cover with a huge heat sink)and it restarts.i have installed a new pmd harness,changed the fuel filter and my fuel is ok.i checked the codes and they are 32,33,35,36,44,49,57 and 62.i know the first numbers are for the egr valve but i dont bother i dont have an egr any more.i baught the truck in 2005 and replaced the pmd with a new one next year i replaced the blown engine then installed a k&n filter,marine injectors ,glow plugs,4"exhaust and #9 resistor.i only have 45000km since i baught the truck 250,000 to 295,000kms. i am thinking of changing the pmd again but woundet if it will fix the problem.i have a list of the codes but doesnt help much if you dont have the fix for them....some help would be apreciated
thanks
gaston

JohnC
12-07-2010, 15:34
That many unrelated codes points to an electrical problem. Read this thread (http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=2938) for some more suggestions.

Dave at BD Diesel
12-07-2010, 22:41
It may be the driver going out again, I have a test one I keep in stock so customers do not have to buy a new one to hope its the fix.

More likely it sounds like you have a vacuum leak somewhere or your supply pump is failing. If you put your hand on the pump and get someone to bump the key can you feel the pump running?

Dave