PDA

View Full Version : Relocated Pyro Probe

Phil Holmen
09-01-2004, 08:01
Yesterday I finished moving my pyro probe from the downpipe to immediately before the turbo as pictured on Kennedy's site. Man I didn't think that the temps would fluctuate that much more pre-turbo as opposed to post turbo. On a hard acceleration pre turbo I could just hit 1000'F now I can hit 1250'F the same stretch of road pedal mashed to the floor. Now I just gotta finish that darn intercooler install. Have move of the parts just gotta find the time and do some fab work. I have already moved the tranny and engine coolers forward in the holes in the bumper and am going to have a front mount intercooler. I need to keep it out of the way of harm as I drive in some unforgiveing areas for work, both mud and snow.

DA BIG ONE
09-02-2004, 02:03
Originally posted by Phil Holmen:
Yesterday I finished moving my pyro probe from the downpipe to immediately before the turbo as pictured on Kennedy's site. Man I didn't think that the temps would fluctuate that much more pre-turbo as opposed to post turbo. On a hard acceleration pre turbo I could just hit 1000'F now I can hit 1250'F the same stretch of road pedal mashed to the floor. Now I just gotta finish that darn intercooler install. Have move of the parts just gotta find the time and do some fab work. I have already moved the tranny and engine coolers forward in the holes in the bumper and am going to have a front mount intercooler. I need to keep it out of the way of harm as I drive in some unforgiveing areas for work, both mud and snow. I installed mine just before the turbo too, in the exhaust manifold, and already have the IC installed, rarely see 1000deg.

My next project is put one after the turbo.