PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 tune up

94 GMC 6.5
12-18-2010, 23:37
Hi, I am looking at buying injectors and glow plugs for my 6.5 and wondering if anyone has ordered off ebay. Do you recommend or not, places to go or avoid. What about the fast heating diesel RX plugs? I am thinking about a tune up kit "injectors/install kit/glow plugs" by accurate diesel right now? Any advice greatly appreciated.

rameye
12-19-2010, 08:29
I can tell you there is a lot of junk out there....by from a reputable dealer in diesel parts...not somebody with a 99% score. Several advertise here.

These parts are too damn hard to install to have to re-install defective part replacements. You do get what you pay for.

good luck- choose wisely

AllThumbs
12-19-2010, 13:44
Badger Diesel on eBay. He is a mom-pop operation that does a good job. I'm not sure he handles glow plugs, but his rebuilt injectors and installation kit are the real thing.

trbankii
12-19-2010, 22:07
I'm with rameye. My view is that doing the work myself saves the money on labor and allows me to buy the top line stuff with the savings. For the time and trouble of installation plus the potential time and trouble caused by a failure, cheap parts just aren't worth it.

btrapr
12-27-2010, 21:42
I did an advanced search by seller for Badger Diesel...Badger and neither came up as a seller on ebay?? any ideas?

thanks

greatwhite
01-15-2011, 14:22
I bought from a seller on ebay named "moneyslave".

I'd heard good things so I gave it a try.

250 bucks to my door.

Genuine Bosch injectors, "india" stamp on them. New units, not rebuilt.

Correct part no. for a turbo diesel.

They came in boxes with the NATO stock number on them, so I assume they're surplus items.

I pop tested them before installing. Good clean spray cones, all popped within 50-ish psi of 2100.

That was 6 months ago, no problems since install.

I'd recommend him.......your choice.

:cool:

racer55
01-15-2011, 20:14
Moneyslave on ebay or rockauto for bosh injectors and rockauto for bosh duratherm glow plugs or AC Delco 60G's.
The return line kit for the injectors can be had from most anyone on ebay,us diesel perhaps or a local supplier?

Kennedy
01-15-2011, 22:28
Who's going to give the best service before, AND after the sale?

You can't beat our QH plugs and our injectors are top notch no corners cut.

DmaxMaverick
01-15-2011, 23:00
I bought from a seller on ebay named "moneyslave".

I'd heard good things so I gave it a try.

250 bucks to my door.

Genuine Bosch injectors, "india" stamp on them. New units, not rebuilt.

Correct part no. for a turbo diesel.

They came in boxes with the NATO stock number on them, so I assume they're surplus items.

I pop tested them before installing. Good clean spray cones, all popped within 50-ish psi of 2100.

That was 6 months ago, no problems since install.

I'd recommend him.......your choice.

:cool:

Very sloppy builds, in my opinion. OEM's and fair rebuilds should pop within 10-15 PSI. I insist on 3-5 PSI. If I had a set with a 50 PSI spread, they'd get rebuilt, recalibrated, or tossed. It may not sound like much, but it makes a big difference with power, economy, longevity and idle balance. Most all Ebay, and the like, injectors make acceptable cores, and little else. This includes "surplus", which are usually cast-offs because they didn't meet spec.

Kennedy
01-19-2011, 08:30
Most all Ebay, and the like, injectors make acceptable cores, and little else. This includes "surplus", which are usually cast-offs because they didn't meet spec.

I agree. I mean think about it. Why would the military sell off product of known good quality when they continue to operate the vehicles that they fit? I realize there is a lot of waste, but to sell off new injectors that work in their Hummers is just plain asinine. These sellers are playing the American people for fools.

I see a lot of this discount crap on the market and it seems that much of it functions well enough that the inexperienced user doesn't know what he is missing. I fully admit to making decent margins on these products and being more expensive than others but there is a reason. Quality and support. Heck I can't even buy the nozzles for my HF injectors for the price that some guys sell their complete units for and I buy Bosch parts VERY well. What does that tell you about what you are getting at a cut rate price?

Ms54Coupe
01-19-2011, 09:15
Cannot beat the price or shipping speed...have not gotten my truck started so I cannot testify to the performance but they have been recommended to me by other owners so i am very excited to prove them out.

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/

QH glow plugs insane sale price right now!