PDA

View Full Version : Which heater core to buy

jjcsnlynn
12-26-2010, 11:57
My heater core is leaking in my 04 2500HD. Not bad after 170k miles.

When I research prices, I find a variety of brands and prices. It ranges from $170 for AC Delco, to $75 for Delphi and cheaper for other brands.

Anyone have any experience or stories on what heater core to use on NOT use?

Kennedy
12-31-2010, 07:46
I would probably opt for the AC Delco/GM part. It is odd that yours leaked though based on all the cores that are subject to pressurization from head gaskets and still not leaking.

jjcsnlynn
12-31-2010, 17:22
I would probably opt for the AC Delco/GM part. It is odd that yours leaked though based on all the cores that are subject to pressurization from head gaskets and still not leaking.

Right now I'm just guessing its the core. On my first long drive, I stopped to get coffee and noticed a slight drip from the rear passenge side of the engine bay. I could see it from the right front tire but could not see where it was coming from. I was dressed up and didn't want to lay on the ground. As I got near my destination (1 hour later), I noticed some coolant on the inside passenger floor.

I still have to heat it up and find where it's leaking from, but it appears to be the heater core.

Any suggestions? I'll look at it this week now that the snow is melting outside.