PDA

View Full Version : LLY with 6 speed

DIESEL JEEP
01-03-2011, 21:38
Hello again. I haven't been here since I sold my 04 Dmax/Alli but I have a few questions I couldn't find in the search.

I'm looking at bying a 05 3500 4x4 with the 6 speed manual trans. Other than the dual mass flywheel issue is there any problems with that.

And what fuel mileage has anyone seen out of the 6 speed. Almost everthing I've seen is with the Alli. I had a 02 LB7 with the manny tranny and loved it I could get 16mpgs towing and 20 empty. Will the LLY do close? I short shift and lugg it down most of the time.

And has anyone bombed a 6 speed. I'd love to make 5-600hp with it. Just curious to see any info. Thanks in advance.

Kennedy
01-04-2011, 07:51
In my experience you can't have your cake and eat it too. To get a clutch to hold up will sacrifice comfort and smooth operation. One of my helpers has a SBC dual disc feramic in his '02 and it holds the power, but you have to let it out hard. I'd hate to drive in city traffic. You'll almost always spin starting out on gravel. Another customer has a 6 speed in his work truck and has tried about every concoction of single disc SBC without luck. Last I heard he was going dual. I think he's had teh clutch out 6 or more times trying to find a solution.

Did you actually FIND a 3500 6 speed manual or are you just speculating? That would be a true rarity to find one.

DIESEL JEEP
01-04-2011, 21:13
I have actually found one in northern TN. 3500 ECLB 4x4 with pics to verify manual trans.