PDA

View Full Version : wont start (not PMD)

quickv6
01-04-2011, 13:19
We installed a used engine got it up and running. Was running fine and engine dies. Now it wont restart. Glow plug system is fine. Lift pump hot wired and moving fuel. Installed new PMD still not start. Crack injection line and nothing. No Fuel. Tried the PMD on my 95 runs like a champ. 12 volts being supplied to PMD. Any help would be appreciated.

6.5 Detroit Diesel
01-04-2011, 14:34
i am going to say that your IP could be the culprit here.

also, check that fuel is making it from the filter to the pump. plugged line?

rameye
01-04-2011, 14:48
fuel stop solenoid...A-ok??

codes?

conditions before it shut off??

quickv6
01-04-2011, 18:06
The truck was running fine. No ses light or codes. Looking at the data stream with a scan tool shows everything to be fine. Not sure what the fuel stop solenoid is.

quickv6
01-04-2011, 18:34
The fuel stop is the solenoid in the front. That does click but not sure if its working. I will swap it out tomorrow. Any written diagnoses procedures on line?

DmaxMaverick
01-04-2011, 21:39
The fuel stop is the solenoid in the front. That does click but not sure if its working. I will swap it out tomorrow. Any written diagnoses procedures on line?

Start with the stickies at the top of the forum. If that doesn't help, try HERE (http://www.thedieselpage.com/password.htm).

quickv6
01-10-2011, 06:20
The old truck is up and running. After hours of working on it I noticed it was getting air in the system. Found a rusty spot in the fuel line before the fuel pump. Truck would run about 5 minutes then die. Crack the fuel filter and full of air. Crazy part it would never loose pressure on a gauge. Repaired the fuel line and it runs perfect.