PDA

View Full Version : shutting down

DADGLW
01-06-2011, 17:28
my 02 was shutting down like you shut off the key.go to restart it and no go. after repeated attempts it would start with ses light on. after a few recycles light would go off and would run fine. did that twice. the next 2 times it died it would refire rite off with no ses light on. i took out my Edge EZ and now seems to go just fine. pulled a code off it..crankshaft position sensor..... would the edge make it throw that code? if so is it repairable.....

bmoeller
01-06-2011, 20:51
It did on mine. Sent it back to Edge. They replaced it. Was about 12 months old.

Bill

DADGLW
01-07-2011, 19:05
got mine from kennedy about 5 yrs ago..............

Kennedy
01-08-2011, 10:14
I've moved away from the plug in modules and been doing my own tuning for various reasons including your situation. It's just been all too common to see these failures. ECM's seldom fail and a properly tuned ECM will perform much better.

You might contact Edge and see what they say. It seems most are offerred a replacement unit at "their cost" but I haven't been keeping track of this.

I also have a pretty good bunch of used/demo units that I have been gearing up to unload. I have acquired a lot of odds and ends over the years and it's time to clean this stuff up.

I even have a New in Box Juice (non attitude) v 3.7? which is the early "Hot" file that I used for the DP Pull off with the REAL (16k gooseneck) trailer load...