PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all!

Alaska9076.2L
01-17-2011, 10:18
This is my first forum to ever be part of. I have just spent the past 4 day reviewing all the available info for member, and wow! My name is Dave, I live in Alaska and have a 1985 1/2 ton Silverado that was given to me by unfortunate circumstances, the sudden death of my father in-law (Larry). I have had her in my care since 2006 and used only for dump runs, dirt hauling, and the occasional trip to the cabin (the stuff work trucks are for). I have just recently sold my 2009 GMC Sierra to save some money. These new trucks are not cheap :-). So, I need to make her as reliable as possible. I am already getting better gas mileage than my other truck with the 6.0 gas engine. I have been working on trucks for about 15 years as a hobby and side work, but make my living as an aircraft mechanic. So for the most part I have a rather broad knowledge with mechanical items. Note: this is my first diesel to have that I need every day. Anyhow, just wanted to introduce myself. I look very forward to working with everyone here, there seems to be a lot of knowledge. Thank you, Dave

rustyk
01-17-2011, 16:04
Welcome to the asylum, er, forums! There are plenty of folks here who do know their way around these under-appreciated engines.

Robyn
01-18-2011, 07:14
Welcome to the Boards.

There is plenty of good help available if you need it, along with folks willing and knowledgable.

Missy :)