PDA

View Full Version : more zip with cruize

tkbnz11
01-30-2011, 15:49
Anyone know why I would get more power when on cruize? 3lFt MH towing car. If this is normal is there anything I should watch like exhaust overheating etc. I don't have a tach but the engine really roars going up hill really gains speed. Its a front engine so I'm sitting right beside the engine.I've tried driving "off cruize" but I don't get near the ZIP!

JohnC
01-30-2011, 19:17
Could it be because the cruise control isn't reluctant to use full throttle? Everything else should be the same.

More information about your vehicle might help...

rustyk
01-30-2011, 21:55
You didn't say what year you have, but the cruise control on mine made the transmission quite busy. It sounds like you have a combination of the torque converter unlocking and downshifts. Because of the weight the drivetrain is pushing, the shifting under load will shorten transmission life.

When you get a rebuild, don't settle for a standard; get a true heavy-duty rebuild from someone like Suncoast Converters.

tkbnz11
01-31-2011, 11:49
You didn't say what year you have, but the cruise control on mine made the transmission quite busy. It sounds like you have a combination of the torque converter unlocking and downshifts. Because of the weight the drivetrain is pushing, the shifting under load will shorten transmission life.

When you get a rebuild, don't settle for a standard; get a true heavy-duty rebuild from someone like Suncoast Converters.

Thanks, I've got a 1994 Winnebago

tkbnz11
01-31-2011, 12:08
Could it be because the cruise control isn't reluctant to use full throttle? Everything else should be the same.

More information about your vehicle might help...

Its a 1994 31ft Winnebago with a 6.5Turbo. Kinda slow on the getaway but we get there just the same.Bought it used in 2002 with 80,000 miles on it. We now have 93,000 on it. not too many complaints about the engine but being as its my first Diesel I'm still trying to get an understanding of it.
You could be right John C. I am a little timid on running an engine wide open, can't explain why just am. Engine seems to run awfully good no smoke but sometimes I get a little hic-cup when Im running no-load. Just one and then runs good. I keep the maint. up fuel filter etc.
I'm wondering if its had the injector pump replaced under that warenty GM had out on it. Do you know if there is any way of checking?
I've sure learned alot from this site and thank you for answering my questions.
Ralph

JohnC
01-31-2011, 18:45
If it's a '94 engine (electronic throttle) it's almost certain the pump has been replaced. If you can get the number off the pump You can tell for sure.

tkbnz11
02-01-2011, 09:36
If it's a '94 engine (electronic throttle) it's almost certain the pump has been replaced. If you can get the number off the pump You can tell for sure.

Thanks John C I'll see if I can find the number.

rustyk
02-01-2011, 23:03

Most likely earlier, as M/H builders buy chasses well ahead of the build, and title the units based on completion. My chassis is from 2/92, the coach was completed 4/93 (and kept at the factory for a bit as it's the prototype for the post-'92 28'), and titled as a '94.