PDA

View Full Version : January 2011 Articles

More Power
01-31-2011, 16:36
Duramax Head Gasket Replacement
Where to begin?

Where there's a will, there's a way. In this economy, more of us are finding the will to work on our out-of-warranty trucks. This month, we'll begin that process by helping you prepare - discussing what parts and supplies you'll need, as well as establish some basic guidelines for working inside your engine.

What Was It Like Before Global Warming?
Obi-Wan Kenobi's Guide to Climate Change

Is global warming real? Can we do anything about it? What does the scientific research say about climate change? And, what can Obi-Wan Kenobi teach us about the debate? Find out here.

Now available to subscribers in the Member's Area (http://www.thedieselpage.com/password.htm#features).

16gaSxS
02-09-2011, 13:02
Thanks Jim for a reasoned and rational perspective on Global warming.

More Power
02-16-2011, 12:17
Thanks for having a look. You know, I've had to use my truck's block heater more this winter than the previous nine winters combined.

Winter 2010/11 has produced record cold temperatures all around the northern hemisphere. During this past December 2010 we heard about 10 Russian ships that were trapped by ice in the Sea of Okhotsk. Perhaps trapped in irony, the UN Climate Change Conference in Cancun, Mexico this past December occurred during record low temperatures for the region. The U.S. mainland saw (is seeing) a very cold and snowy winter - as is Europe. Yet, NOAA is saying global 2010 temperatures were the warmest on record. There are reports that cast doubt on NOAA's temperature collection methods which point to a discriminatory scheme that excludes cold data while emphasizing warmer data.

But I digress..... Whether average global temperatures are trending colder or warmer is irrelevant to the debate. Even the EPA's own web site clearly says that man-caused global climate change cannot be proven by science. Do I believe in climate change? Yes, absolutely. Earth's climate has continually and naturally changed throughout the whole of human history - toward both the warmer and the cooler. The real debate then becomes, "will we bankrupt our nation for a theory that cannot be proven by science?"