PDA

View Full Version : Snapping V Belt -Generator to far forward??

chrisc17cjs
02-07-2011, 11:46
Dear All
I am new to TDP, with a 6.2l 1987 in a Tiffin Allegro, back on the road after 2+years

It has always had belt problems but i have discovered that the aternator/generator appears to be forward of the crank and a wider pulley than the vacuum pump, crank and water pump

I cant see how this has happened as there is no adjustment on the generator or brackets and the long bolt/tube into the block also looks like it is sloping down a little, again how can this be like this?

As its a 6.2diesel it has a belt driven vaacum pump so i cant drive it far as it wont change up, amazingly it runs without the generator connected but i suppose thats due to the 2no new batteries wont last for ever.

I cant find any old vbelt diagrams for belt arrangements or any other options that maybe better

Any help from the forum would be really amazing as i cant find anyone who knows about this stuff, you are my last hope.

Thansk very much for reading and please respond as i maybe missing lots of obvious stuff as i am not an experienced mechanic

Kindest regards to you all

Chris