PDA

View Full Version : Latest news on the Ebay truck.

Randee of the Redwoods
09-03-2004, 16:56
Well, fellas, it's been real. After a warrenty issue with my car which I won't get into, I have decided to trade it in. It's an '03 Mustang Cobra with a handful of modifications making about 520hp at the rear wheels(no joke). Hauls ass like words can't describe. But, so it goes...and soon it will be no more. We'll get into that decision later.
So what does this have to do with the Ebay truck? The lucky little gem that cost me $3k in repairs? What do I need two trucks for? Well, I don't. The Ebay truck will be sold. When you're all done getting bent out of shape, read on.
It will be sold to a friend of mine, staying in the "family", so to speak. He loves the truck to death and has so since he first saw it. I offered it to him first and even his dad told him to jump on it. I know I've had it less than a year but it has done some light work at least. Another friend of mine used it to move and was floored when all the furniture in his apt was moved in only TWO trips. He said the best part was sitting at stoplights and revving the motor to spool the turbo! I've used it several times already taking loads of vegetation to the landfill that I've removed from my yard and I will continue to do so until the day the truck changes hands. It's never left me stranded. It's been absolutely a cream puff to me aside from some of the little things like new batteries and alternater and a few other things. I love that truck. I will be sad to see it go but it will be going to someone who will respect it and use it like a truck. My friend works construction and this crew cab is perfect for his tools and wall framing buddies. I'm glad he wanted it. I know he will treat it right and listen to me about the trucks "personality". It will be missed.
So where does this leave me? In a better position. I have a grand scheme layed out and so far all the pieces are dropping into place. A little careful planning helps, too. So what will I do with no TRUCK? Well, the 'stang will be traded for a new truck. But don't fret your little self over what I might buy. I have already test driven and spec'ed out the 'stang's replacement: 2005 K2500HD Dmax/Allison.
You didn't think I'd bail on you that easily, did you? DIESEL POWER!!!!!

mhagie
09-03-2004, 18:16
Good move Randy, Hope the D-Max will treat you well..............Merle

G. Gearloose
09-04-2004, 02:08
Nice, hope it goes well..
except I'm partial to the 6-speed... ;)

Randee of the Redwoods
09-04-2004, 16:45
Nope. No more manual trannies for me for a while. As for the Dmax treating me well, if it's anything like the salesman made it out to be, it'll be awesome! Finally. A powerful engine backed by an equally powerful tranny.
The bad thing is I'm already shopping for power kits. I'm looking at the Banks and BD Power.

turbovair
09-06-2004, 07:39
Jump over to the Dmax forum for good advice on upgrading the fuel filtration on the truck.

rjschoolcraft
09-06-2004, 08:33
Talk to Kennedy. He appears to have the upper hand right now on power with his special Van Aken tune.