PDA

View Full Version : New here from minnesota

bk95td
02-09-2011, 19:24
Just thought I should say hello. I'm new here but not new to diesels. I currently own 11 cheys with 6.5s or 6.2s. I can't seem to get my sig to stick but will get that figured out[entered it twice now]. I have tons of pics and will get to posting them hopefully some time soon. I have one in my avitar now. I enjoy sharing my experience as well as learning from others.
Now back to reading, Barry
PS got a couple pics to load. I need to resize the rest. Sig also loaded:eek:

Mark Rinker
02-10-2011, 04:37
Holy hanna - thats quite a fleet! I am from Elk River, MN and was just through your town yesterday...

Welcome aboard, there is a wealth of information/experience here for you. I am certain you'll be contributing yours, as well!

bk95td
02-10-2011, 06:07
Holy hanna - thats quite a fleet! I am from Elk River, MN and was just through your town yesterday...

Welcome aboard, there is a wealth of information/experience here for you. I am certain you'll be contributing yours, as well!
I have no willpower. I can't pass up a good deal. I think my hobby has turned into a addiction:cool:

Robyn
02-10-2011, 07:25
Yesssss, indeed, quite the fleet :)

Welcome to TDP

Addiction, well they say that once you get to sniffing that diesel smoke its over, your hooked :D

Missy

arveetek
02-10-2011, 08:04
Wow! I don't think I've ever seen anyone with such a large collection of 6.5L's. Are these all personal use trucks, or are they business use?

Welcome!

Casey

bk95td
02-10-2011, 11:14
Wow! I don't think I've ever seen anyone with such a large collection of 6.5L's. Are these all personal use trucks, or are they business use?

Welcome!

Casey
Personal use only. 3 of them are blown up.1 needs a tranny and another needs a IP. I bought them that way for cheap.I have all the parts to fix them and then some. Here's some of the parts.

DmaxMaverick
02-10-2011, 11:25
Nice fleet, and welcome aboard!

I've been called (and conceded), a pack rat. Now, I'll have to deny it. "Wow!" is spot on.

arveetek
02-10-2011, 12:22
Personal use only. 3 of them are blown up.1 needs a tranny and another needs a IP. I bought them that way for cheap.I have all the parts to fix them and then some. Here's some of the parts.

That's quite a collection! How many complete engines do you have?

I'd say you're on the edge of being a bit crazy....and I LIKE IT!! :D

Casey

More Power
02-10-2011, 15:09
I have no willpower. I can't pass up a good deal. I think my hobby has turned into a addiction:cool:

Wow! Welcome to the board.

Which one is your favorite?

Jim

bk95td
02-10-2011, 15:41
The 92 is my favorite so far. I haven't really done anything to the engine yet other than glow plugs[used ac g60s but should have used bosch] and new hearthrob 4" exhaust with a 2 1/4 mandrel bent crossover. Even with the 3.40 gears it is a workhorse. It pulls 10,000 lbs at 70mph pretty easily. I did put a flexsteel seat in it that is comfy. Kind of a hot rod running empty.
I have over 20 complete engines. !2 of them have serious problems so they are parts engines. I've junked 6 trucks for parts.
I got slowed way down last week by a serious back reinjury. I can only stand to play with my trucks for a hour or so a day. :mad: I start phy. therepy on monday. I can only hope it will help.

crashz
02-11-2011, 13:09
Wow, what a collection! Nice trucks and shop!

Welcome and good luck with physical therapy!

NutNbutGMC
02-12-2011, 16:32
You need counseling, soon.

rustyk
02-12-2011, 18:15
Naw, not an addiction. He can stop anytime he wants to :D