PDA

View Full Version : injector return hoses

3ace
02-10-2011, 09:55
I'm replacing my injectors and was wondering about the installation of the return hoses. In my OEM manual it shows that the return hose from the IP starts off at the front injector at the lowest return connection followed by upper connection going to the lowest connection on the next injector and so forth with the Plug/Cap being on the top connector of the last injector. I'm finding out that after torquing the injectors the return connectors don't always follow this pattern. Sometimes the upper and lower connector are on the opposite sides of the two injectors that are next to each other. Is this still the correct way to do it or can I just go for the two connectors that are the closet together between the two injectors that are next to each other? Thanks. :)

Kennedy
02-10-2011, 10:03
You really can't do it wrong so long as you Connect one to the next and cap the end injector in the string. Low versus high does not matter.

This is of course provided the injectors were inspected and checked for obstructed return nipples.

3ace
02-10-2011, 14:30
You really can't do it wrong so long as you Connect one to the next and cap the end injector in the string. Low versus high does not matter.

This is of course provided the injectors were inspected and checked for obstructed return nipples.

The Injectors are brand new. I did have them pressure tested and they all passed within specs. However I didn't look to see if the return nipples were obstructed. Hopefully since they're new they're not!! Thanks for your info on the installation process. :)