PDA

View Full Version : Max E Tork 2 how I spent my Friday

Fredeberle
09-04-2004, 08:28
Well finally decided to get the max e tork 2 after 3 months of investigating to be sure it would pass NY inspection with it in. :(
Bill made one up for me quickly and overnighted it since I am leaving for vacation on Tues. Great service ! Said easy, quick install.
First off that warning about setting the anti theft system had me worried but I plunged in.
Pull the ECM loose from the spring clips but can

MTTwister
09-05-2004, 06:52
Fred - Way to Go! Hot shower and a full Ben-Gay rub down, and you'll be back to your old self in no-time. Sorry, no recipies for getting you beyond that point, tho' smile.gif

Mainous
09-07-2004, 05:08
I too put one of Bill Heath's ECM's in my truck in the last 2 weeks along with a Turbomaster. I'm not normally very easily impressed but I have to tell you that it's a completely different truck. Pulled my 8K lb. Jayco TT for the first time with it this weekend and man what a difference. There is one observation in particular that I would like to share concerning boost controls. I had a Kennedy boost controller and was hesitant to mess with it because I was extremely happy with the way it performed. However, in trading emails with Bill, it was obvious that he was pushing me to go with the Turbomaster. After much consideration, I decided to go ahead and go with the Turbomaster based on the fact that it eliminated several failure prone items (vacuum pump, vaccuum solenoid, vaccuum diaphram on turbo) and also took away the consistant drag of the vacuum pump off the motor. What I noticed about the mechanical control is that it brings the boost on in a much more linear fashion and brings on more boost across the board.

Another change I made in the last month was changing over from an Autotrans Interceptor to a Transgo shift kit. I found that the 1-2 shift with the Interceptor was just too harsh no matter how it was adjusted. The Transgo kit make the shifts firm without jarring the driveline. Also put in Mobil 1 synthetic fluid and a deep cast pan.

The truck performed great this weekend with exhaust temps in the 900-1000 range and the coolant temps running around 210-215. I was traveling from above Cincinnati to down around Natural Bridge State Park in Kentucky so there was plenty of grades to test the truck.

Marty Lau
09-07-2004, 07:16
Fred;

Sound like you made your truck into a nice outfit.
It should now tow your Mallard very nice......I love the 3.42 gears I hope you do too!

Fredeberle
09-07-2004, 09:45
16 ga,
I'm leaving tonight for a month in South Dakota. :D
Interested to see how much difference there will be from 2 months ago when I made the same trip.
Sure will miss TDP while I'm gone.
Fred