PDA

View Full Version : How many 2011 LML owners out there?

cowboywildbill
03-01-2011, 09:59
Don't hear much about the new 2011 on here. Just wondering how many of us have them.

GL1800
03-06-2011, 08:22
I will be first in line to get on the list.

Mark Rinker
03-06-2011, 20:40
Enlighten us about the urea consumption? How often (miles), how much quantity to refill, how much does it cost?

cowboywildbill
03-07-2011, 12:05
It uses about a gallon or less per 1,000 miles. It isn't a problem.
They are seeing a few trucks with add DEF message before it needs it. GM is aware of this and has a reflash to address the software issue at least on a temporary fix.They will have a permanent reflash out soon.
We traded a 2007 classic that didn't have any emmisions except for cat and EGR. The 2011 has the DEF and the Regen DPF system. I was a little hesitant about going to more emmisions stuff. But it hasn't been an issue. I had to have my dealer reset the dpf tank paremeters to clear the add def message, but no big deal and all is fine. I am getting better mpg empty and towing with the new 2011 than I did with the 07. Both are bone stock. The difference in towing power/ride/braking and handling a heavy load is like going from a 1/2 ton to a 1 ton truck. It's unreal. And the exhaust brake is awsome.
I almost bought a new 2010 last year, but I'm glad I waited because the 2011 is really a beefier and bigger, totally different truck than previous models.
The DEF system helps the mpg because the truck only regens about every 500 to 800 or more miles by using the urea injection.
I had no complaints about our 07 LBZ towing power, but I was cautious about stopping our heavy trailer. I don't have to tell you about electric drum trailer brakes and how they really don't do much in my opinion on a lot of trailers to really stop you in a panic.
The 2011 has such bigger rotors and brakes that it adds an extra margin of safety and stops our 40 ft 16,000 lb loaded LQ gooseneck Horse much much better. We have just under 5,000 miles on it so far and love it. So far best D/Max or for that matter truck we have owned so far. Not that it matters but I have been on a couple of really steep grades towing heavy and got to run along with a new 2011 Ford 6.7 that was towing a smaller lighter gooseneck than we were and he couldn't hang with us. I slowed down and let him start around us and then nailed it and we pulled away pretty easily. We toyed with him and pi$$ed him off. It's a good thing we left him, he might have kicked my butt if we stopped somewhere. But after about 4 miles of running route 68 comming east thru W,Va and Md. He was out of sight. There wasn't a grade we couldn't pull at 70 mph or more. Not that it matters but it is nice to know that GM has got a winner in this new LML/Allison and has had a winning combination in all of the D/MAX trucks. Sorry about the ramble.

Mark Rinker
03-07-2011, 14:24
All good to know. Thanks for the details...I will run this truck for two or three seasons, depending on how many miles I get in.

Very likely will be a used 2011 that works at that time.

cowboywildbill
03-07-2011, 14:29
I think you will like it Mark and they should get even better. I just hope they don't add any more epa crap. Now if the price of fuel would come down to where a tank full of fuel isn't worth more than the truck it's in we would all be happier. LOL

GL1800
03-07-2011, 15:15
My experince mirrors Bill,s. I had to have a reflash to address the DIC message that I was about of DEF. Painless and no more problems. My DEF usage is about the same as Bill,s.

I came from a 2003 LB7 so the overall difference is like night and day. Power,ride handeling,etc. Icould go on and on. The milage is a little less than my 03 but that is to be expected with the increase in power and weight of the truck.

I am very satisified. I have 13,000 miles at this time.