PDA

View Full Version : Chest Toolbox for 2011 Crewcab Duramax

Little_Monster
03-02-2011, 10:44
I'm looking at buying a new black aluminum chest style tool box and can't seem to find a toolbox that fits the profile of the 2011 truck bed at the back window. These toolboxes have a rear notch that enables you to open the lid but they do not sit flush with the back wall of the bed. The sloped wall of the bed pushes these boxes out a few inches from the back wall of the bed. I need the chest style because I pull a 5th wheel camper and want one that sits flush with the top of the bed. Just wanted to know if anyone has a similar experience or if UWS, DeeZee, Better Built, etc were going to put news one on the market that fit this profile. Thanks for the input.

cowboywildbill
03-04-2011, 15:12
Some of the fuel tank toolbox combo's might work for you. I have seen them in the beds and they were even with or lower than the sides and fit up against the front wall. I'm pretty sure I have seen the flush mount boxes at tractor supply also that should work. But you never know what they have and when they have it. I have seen people put a smaller midsize pickup box into a full size bed also, I'm guessing to keep a lower profile. I got a box from TS that sits on top of the rails but is only about 1" or 2" taller than the rail. We pull goosenecks so it isn't an issue, I don't know if the 2" would cause a problem with your fifth wheel or not. There are shops that will make you a box to custom fit, but diamond plate aluminum is pricy$$ and I'm sure they aren't cheap.If you call Dee Zee or some of the manufacturers they might make it but not list it yet. I was trying to find grill gaurds for our 2011 and no one list them, but they do make them and I had to call in order to get a part number and am still waiting for them to call me back with it . I'm sure you will find something. Good Luck.