PDA

View Full Version : transdapt oil relocation kit

scot5146
03-08-2011, 17:48
Hey everyone-

I want to get a dual oil filter relocation kit for my 6.5 diesel, but the prices are all over the place...

I am curious if the transdapt kits will work, they all say "NOT FOR DIESEL" but I am not sure why?

I am on a budget and the Amsoil kit seems pretty expensive... Any advice would help!

Thanks

Mike:confused::confused:

JohnC
03-09-2011, 09:31
As far as I can tell, they put that warning on there as a CYA measure. The Ford and Dodge Diesels both take "odd ball" filters, so the adapter probably won't fit. The 6.2/6.5, however, uses the same filters as most older GM engines, so there's no reason it won't work. the only thing I'd be concerned about is the diameter of the hoses. They should be the same size as your oil cooler hoses so as to not restrict flow.

scot5146
03-09-2011, 17:38
So i am assuming that if I match the hose diameter and then order a kit for maybe a 454 it should work?

I guess i could always have a few large sized hydraulic hoses made if need be...

thanks

Mike:confused:

JohnC
03-09-2011, 19:01
If your engine is earlier than mid '96 you should have 1/2" hoses. If it's later, with piston oil spray nozzles, then it should be 5/8". check the thread for the oil filter on the 454. If it matches ( or if they use the same filter) you should be good to go.

jhornsby3
03-09-2011, 22:02
On their website it says not for diesel use. To go to another site and their products are not listed for the 6.5l application.

John

scot5146
03-11-2011, 13:02
Well I am kind of leaning towards the Amsoil brand now to accomplish both the filter relocation and superior oil filtration...

Thanks everyone for the info on the Transdapt line...

Mike;)