PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Location for GP Inhibt Switch ?

fullsizeBlazer
03-10-2011, 07:48
Hey,

jsut a short question about the glow plug inhibit switch:

http://i35.tinypic.com/168aant.jpg

I have a newer engine 1998 and need to install the gp inhbit switch. I do not have that bracket with a mounting hole as seen in the pic above, so is there another location for that switch or do I have to get me this kind of bracket?

Thanks a lot!

Greetings

Kennedy
03-10-2011, 08:28
You could simply ditch it and tie the wires together. Otherwise maybe someone here has one of those plates.

Many years back Dr Lee sent me one as I recall. I never used it, but have no idea where it is. It does seem that I come across it now and again though. I'll keep an eye out.

Yukon6.2
03-10-2011, 08:31
Hi
Unless you really want or need your truck to be totally stock looking,i would jumper the conector and tie it somewhere secure.It wouln't hurt to have the glows come on when it's warm.But if the switch is in line and dosn't work,then you have problems starting.Then you have to figger out what is wrong.The inhibit swich was discontinued in the later models.
Good Luck with your build
Thomas

fullsizeBlazer
03-10-2011, 09:42
Thanks a lot for your fast help! I have no problems with jumpering the connector as long as the GP system works!

Another question: do I really need the Fast Idle Solenoid?

I have some truble with installing the Fast Idle Solenoid. I have a custom water outlet and a custom bracket for the accelerator cable but that Fast Idle Solenoid just has no room anymore.

Cold starts should work with some light pressure on the accelerator pedal I think?

Yukon6.2
03-11-2011, 09:08
Hi
Did you install the daul thermostat?
I did that upgrade on my truck and still have the high idle.I had to mod the braket a little,but it works fine.I need it for the cold weather we get,i also make use of it when i'm boosting my heavy equipment.If you have a welder it dosn't take much to mod it.Send me a PM with a email and i'll send you a pic of mine if you need it.
Thomas