PDA

View Full Version : Need some help on couple problems

Plowboy81
03-21-2011, 10:15
Replaced engine back in feb of last year. All new injectors and a Dtech pmd with relocater. Had use old injector pump dew to lake of funding at end. My question is, yesterday I was driving down the road and when let off throttle pedel engine stalled out just for few seconds tell pushed pedel down again and picked back up. Done it a couple times over last few days. I am on my second dtech box since installed engine. Ant been six months apart, could be the injector pump is going out cause my pmds to go bad?

have notice too no power on bottom end take off. Seems like turbo not picking up tell you are up to speed. Black smokes when stomp fuel and ten hear turbo.

DmaxMaverick
03-21-2011, 11:30
Doesn't sound like PMD.

Try the simple stuff first:

Check/change the air filter.

Change the fuel filter.

Verify the lift pump is pumping.
With engine idling, open the water drain valve (T-valve near thermostat housing) with the hose routed into a container. You should have significant fuel flow, and the engine shouldn't stall. If it stalls, tries to stall, or you only get a dribble of fuel, the lift pump is not keeping up.

Black smoke and/or low power under load can indicate a wastegate system problem. A puff of black smoke off idle while getting under power isn't abnormal.

JohnC
03-21-2011, 16:30
If you're rolling with your foot off the pedal the PCM will stop the fuel completely until engine speed gets near idle. I've seen a few times where it didn't come back in time and the engine stalled. Could be the beginnings of pump solenoid issues or it could go away. Try a good dose of a quality additive like FPPF. And fix the waste gate.

6.5TDTahoe
03-21-2011, 20:17
Guys IMO no driver cooler/Isolaterplate should of less square inches & thickness than the HEATH cooler/Isolater DRIVER mount . AT one time Heath offered the Isoater plate with out a Driver. Check for availability Money will be well spent if you buy one.The driver has to have air flow to stay cool enough to survive.SIMPLE,EH.GoodLuck.

Plowboy81
03-30-2011, 14:21
Air filter little dirty but not to bad for a k&N, turned water drain valve at the housing and fuel was pooring out truck never changed any. Noticed one thing when I was doing all this today. When cut truck off smoke was coming out the air filter box not alot just alittle. Does anyone know how much vaccum should be going to the wastegate vavle?