PDA

View Full Version : No 4th gear, Codes thrown.....

jhornsby3
03-21-2011, 18:15
.....but no SES. Got the codes read to find a 24 Trans speed low and a 55 Powertrain Control Module A/D Fault. Tried to clear codes and was told to remove cables to batts and it would clear the codes. Is this true and what am I to expect with these codes?

Stopped at a shop and they told me about the code clearing and told me my computer is shot.

But it is running great after the head gasket and coolant issues.

The money pit saga continues:eek:

John

jhornsby3
03-21-2011, 19:48
Well to post a reply to my own post.:rolleyes: I reconnected the batterys and went for a little drive. All worked normal.:confused: So, maybe it did clear the codes. Now to see if it does it again. I did have this issue once before but it was about a year ago after hitting a nasty pot hole on the freeway 50+ miles from home.

Just for poops and grins I pulled the PCM and it has a chip in it made by Hypertech with a date on it of 1994. Not the normal looking blue chip but a stack of pc boards with the mosfet memory chip on the top of the unit.:eek: I know from other hobbies I had those are not to happy when it comes to dust and vibrations. Is this something that might be causing issues within the system as a whole?

John