PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Downpipe on 6.5 Diesel

bsharp
09-06-2004, 15:15
I have a 6.5 Diesel (stock). When I pull my fifth wheel trailer on long 7% uphill graded on hot days the temperature guage tends to climb up. I don't let it go into the red area on the guage as I gear it down until the guage starts to go back down.

I have been told that these engines create a lot of heat due to the fact that the Turbo Downpipe is crimped it cannot dispell the gas quickly.

I'm thinking of changing it and possible later changing the exhaust. I am wondering how much difference it would make by chaning the Turbo Downpipe only. Should I change who whole exhaust system???

Phil Holmen
09-06-2004, 16:00
The cat is the biggest restiction in the exhuast I believe and the downpipe is a close second. I currently have my stock downpipe ( not for long I hope ) and have changed out the rest of the exhaust system with a 3 inch straighpipe, and am looking to go to four in the spring if everything goes as planned...

Dvldog 8793
09-06-2004, 16:50
Howdy
Replace the whole thing at once and you will be VERY glad you did. It will be a night and day difference. You can read some of the other posts and decide for yourself what to buy. While your at it put in a UNI air filter. :D

Have fun!
L8r
Conley Janssen

[ 09-07-2004, 04:28 AM: Message edited by: Dvldog 8793 ]