PDA

View Full Version : Black Stanadyne PMD's

Kennedy
03-30-2011, 11:38
The old PMD was #34583. The new one is gray and has been working much better for us so far. For some reason though I have people specifically asking for the old black ones. Are these people mistaken by reading old articles or is there some self proclaimed "PMD Wizard" claiming that these are better? I wouldn't put it past a couple of the vendors out there to make such a claim...

JohnC
03-30-2011, 12:00
If someone has a bunch of the black ones on the shelf then obviously they are superior to anything others may be selling... ;)

More Power
03-30-2011, 13:18
Sounds like someone may have some "new old stock" they want to move... Stanadyne should exchange the new old stock modules vendors are sitting on with the newer gray version.... Nah... they wouldn't do that. :rolleyes:

Jim

john8662
03-30-2011, 14:54
Maybe it's because the New Gray one requires the replacement of the PMD harness, which a lot of people probably don't want to do (more work) have to remove the intake and all.

Just a hunch.

bk95td
03-30-2011, 20:35
Maybe it's because the New Gray one requires the replacement of the PMD harness, which a lot of people probably don't want to do (more work) have to remove the intake and all.

Just a hunch.
PMD Cable makes a extension harness that adapts to the new gray stanadyne pmd's. Pretty shure he is a site vendor here. He's on vacation now. It should be on his web site

john8662
03-31-2011, 07:21
Yeah, extension harnesses exist to use the new PMD. Just saying that to plug and play, the grey PMD isn't gonna work out of the box without a little more work (either adapter cable or isntalling new harness on the pump).

J

DennisG01
03-31-2011, 08:41
Any chance these people are mistakenly confusing the Flight Systems FSD and just calling the black (FS) ones Stanadyne by mistake?

ronniejoe
03-31-2011, 14:21
I just modified my harness connector to make it plug into the gray FSD. Works fine.

Kennedy
03-31-2011, 18:33
PMD Cable makes a extension harness that adapts to the new gray stanadyne pmd's. Pretty shure he is a site vendor here. He's on vacation now. It should be on his web site

As does Kennedy Diesel the originator of the FSD extension harness.

I also put up a Tech Tip with detailed print showing how to "neuter" any harness.

bk95td
04-01-2011, 22:25
As does Kennedy Diesel the originator of the FSD extension harness.

I also put up a Tech Tip with detailed print showing how to "neuter" any harness.
Sorry. I haven't been to your site in a while. I didn't mean to highjack.