PDA

View Full Version : ? Best After market Turbo

chestatee
04-07-2011, 05:52
Based on experience what is your opinion of the best Turbo to purchase, for quality, performance etc?

Thank You
MDS

More Power
04-07-2011, 09:36
Based on experience what is your opinion of the best Turbo to purchase, for quality, performance etc?

Thank You
MDS

Kinda depends... What's your goal for the truck?

GM did a good job with turbo selection for 90% of the GM diesel buying public who ran their 6.5 at stock power. But, those needing/wanting more power might select another turbo better suited to that task.

Jim

6.5 Detroit Diesel
04-07-2011, 10:07
i've heard good things from guys that switched to an HX35 in the search of more power out of there 6.5

for towing, try checking out the a-team turbo

chestatee
04-07-2011, 11:40
Kinda depends... What's your goal for the truck?

GM did a good job with turbo selection for 90% of the GM diesel buying public who ran their 6.5 at stock power. But, those needing/wanting more power might select another turbo better suited to that task.

Jim
Dear Jim

I bought this truck new and will have it until death. I have a small farm I use it on and make runs from the Mountains into Atlanta at times. The engine has never been to par in power so I invested in upgrades which helped some, but with 177k I'm looking forward to an install of new P-400
As noted in my post quality, performance and match or plug and run change over. I've done several upgrades over the years (as noted on my signature)to assist in performance, cooling etc. I do a lot of towing and hauling with a flat bed dump and 4:10 axle installed. Have a GM-8 but all responses in reference to the thread I posted on gm-8 change out from gm-4, said it wouldn't make much difference. Second, the new P-400 long block, so thats a major factor in making a wise choice so it will perform well on this new engine.
I hear a lot about ATT.

Thank You for the ?

MDS