PDA

View Full Version : Autotrack 2

Enigma
04-17-2011, 15:17
Dealer says I need Autotrack2 in my T-case. Is this stuff any good? Is it synthetic?

They said not dex3 since I have the push button system for the t-case. Allison cautioned me to check it out with chev dealer cause sometimes transynd is not spec'ed.

Going into Allison on Tuesday for Transynd in the ally and they are going to do the t-case as well.

DmaxMaverick
04-17-2011, 17:00
It is good. It is synthetic. It is NOT for your transfer case (NP 263). Autotrac II is ONLY for "electronic" controlled transfer cases (NP 246). These are ONLY found in 1500 and 2500 (Non-HD) trucks. Your push button control is electric, not electronic. Although yours is "push button", you are lacking the "Auto 4x4" button, and "Auto 4x4" function. That dealer is mistaken.

2500HD and 3500 trucks require Dexron III (or VI, 2006+). Period. There are no exceptions. Transynd is good, and is Dexron III.

Enigma
04-17-2011, 17:52
I went out and snapped this picture. I went under the truck and found the placard stating model "263 XHDGM" on the rear output shaft side of the case.
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/Enigma_023/P1030450.jpg

Enigma
04-17-2011, 19:36
What's really frustrating is I look in my main thick manual and it says duramax owners refer to supplemental manual.

So I look at the small booklet "2006 duramax diesel"

Says:

Pickup models manual transfer case: DEXRON III
Pickup models automatic transfer case: AUTO-TRAK II Fluid

Why would they even do that If all HDs get the 263XHD trans? Can they make it anymore confusing?

DmaxMaverick
04-17-2011, 23:21
It is confusing. It's always been that way, and I doubt it will change. However, you don't have an "automatic transfer case". That's a different animal. The confusion begins with the definitions. The TC in your truck is a manual transfer case, electrically engaged. The Automatic Transfer Cases do this, but have an additional feature. When "Auto 4x4" is selected, they will engage/disengage the 4x4 functions and traction control, according to sensor inputs and computer control, in real time, continuously. This is what is meant by "automatic". If you had this, you'd have a round button above the 2-Hi button, where the 4x4 label is.

Enigma
04-18-2011, 18:33
Ya, thats the way it was on my Expedition. Had a turn dial awd/2wd. You didnt get a say in the matter. Hated it. I prefer having the control.

I'm having the pump rub mod done and putting Transynd in it.

DmaxMaverick
04-18-2011, 19:40
Good call. That should get you down the road a fair bit.