PDA

View Full Version : Reprogramming keyless entry remotes

MRBarta
02-08-2005, 13:52
I have a '96 suburban and I only got one remote when I bought it so I w bought another one but the dealer wants $50 to reprogram them and I know all it is is sticking a paperclip in the ADL under the dash but I don't know which points to arc in order to reset the remotes. If anyone knows that'd be very helpful.
Thank you.

BBCB
02-08-2005, 17:47
You're dealer is a hack.

My service rep did it for me - gratis. Mack Haik Chevy on I-10. Good will, brings business.

Since then I got the Helms - here's how is says to do it:

1. Ground pin 4 to pin 8 of the Data Link Connector (DLC).
- The receiver will respond by locking and unlocking the doorsand activating the liftgate window release (if equipped) within 2 seconds.

2. Press and hold the "LOCK" and "UNLOCK" buttons simultaneously, on the first transmitter to be programmed, until the locks cycle (approximately 10 seconds).

3. Repeat step 2 for the second transmitter to be programmed (if available).
- The receiver will respond by locking and unlocking the doors and activating the liftgate window release (if equipped) within 2 seconds.

4. Remove the ground applied to the DLC.

5.Transmitter operation is verified by locking and unlocking the doors and activating the rear window release.

Good luck,

BBCB

(now how do I increase the range/sensitivity!)

kevin77
02-08-2005, 17:51
Is it a factory unit? I had an aftermarket keyless entry and it took me a bit a time to figure out how to program that bugger...

Kevin

slagona
02-09-2005, 06:55
The procedure is for factory units, not sure about aftermarkets.

I only wanted to add that you can program up to 4 fobs. So, if you need more than 2 sets of keys.....