PDA

View Full Version : Bulbs replacement instrument cluster

bdv
09-07-2004, 09:46
New to the site, great info, second time out the gate here goes. I am looking to replace the instrument cluster bulbs. My Service Light bulb has gone out and I figure if I am going to replace it I might as well do all the bulbs in the instrument cluster. Any info on procedure would to most helpful.

Thanks for the help BDV

1994 Chevy Suburban 4X4 6.5L Turbo 4.10 Rear End. Just bought used with 145,000.

kowsoc
09-14-2004, 17:12
I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Mine is also a 94. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

charliepeterson
09-14-2004, 19:02
The trim piece around the instrument cluster is just clipped on. I start in the middle and work out with my fingers. Be carefully of switches still connected, disconnect plugs from the back side. The cluster is attached with a few small screws. Grab the cluster with your hands and pull straight out. The cluster is actually like a large plug all its own.

The bulbs are on the back side and come off with a quarter turn ccw. Replacement bulbs come as a unit so don't try to take the bulb out of the socket. IIRC you might have eight to ten bulbs in the cluster. Now is the time to replace all of them instead of the ones blown out.

CareyWeber
09-15-2004, 02:34
Are they the same bulbs that are use in the AC / Heater switch area?

What is the part #?

Can the bulbs the light up the radio buttons be replaced too?

What is the part #?

charliepeterson
09-16-2004, 19:08
Carey;

Good question. I've never had to replace these, but I'll try to find an answer for you.