PDA

View Full Version : no start

kenisret
05-09-2011, 21:31
I had fuel to inj. pump but no fuel to injectors.No DTC,s I rep.oil press sw. I swapped pump driver with my spare and I swapped the eng. shutoff sol.I tried another computer and still no start.I couldn,t believe Auto Zone they let me return the computer. I also discnn. optical sensor and no help.I also checked all elect connecters and didn,t see any problems.When the problem first came up I could put the trans in gear and hold the key in start and hear the lift pump run and then it would start and idle for a minute but as soon as I touched the accellerator it would stall.I had it towed home and then it wouldn,t start at all.After a few days of going thru the trouble shooting chart all of a sudden it started for no obvious reason and has been ok so far.I was convinced in my own mind that it was the inj. pump but I didn,t want to tear into that until I was really sure.I,m at a loss at what happened or what fixed it but I will worry from now on everytime I drive it

racer55
05-10-2011, 19:28
Ignition switches are a failure point on these trucks and can cause your symptoms.
Try manipulating the switch a small amount when it's running to see if it stalls.

JohnC
05-11-2011, 09:14
You have to get to the actual switch, under the steering column, not the lock on the side.

Artworks
05-12-2011, 05:21
Try checking on your wiring to your FSD / PMD. I had mine not start, un plug my extension harness from both the pump side and the FSD side, spray electrical contact cleaner in the connections, let overspray run out, reconnect and every thing works. We have had a bit of rain latley and I figure humidity and a bit of corossion on the terminls interups the signal. Sometimes pulling the ECM fuse and reinserting will get you going.