PDA

View Full Version : Voltage at trailer connector not all there

Jerry Redtruck
05-22-2011, 06:24
2007 old body style. was hooking up my prodigy controller and discovered I have no voltage at the connector for either the (#4) 12V power, or (#2) electric brakes.
On my 02 I remember there being a maxi fuse to install but I dont have one for this truck and cant see where one would go if I did.
I bought a brake controller harmess for an 06 as there was not one listed for 07, as I saw where some others had done that.
I only had tail lights at first,but started pulling fuses and found both blinkers blown, but those were the only fuses I found that were bad, so now I have running , L+R blinkers and Brake lights only. Thanks for the help, Jerry

Jerry Redtruck
05-22-2011, 11:26
Partially solved. I figured out the trailer hot wire takes a j case fuse that was never installed. I cant believe a 5 year old truck never had this hooked up.
I found the VEH CHMSL fuse blown and replaced it. I now have voltage at the brake signal pin when brakes are applied as it should but still no voltage at the trailer plug. I poked the test light in the terminal with the dark blue wire coming from the brake controller under dash and got no signal voltage there either when brakes applied which leads me to believe my brake controller may be faulty. The tokansha prodigy was on my last truck and is almost 10 years old.
any thoughts , suggestions?

Jerry Redtruck
05-22-2011, 16:12
oh well , never mind. Took me most of the day but I got it solved on my own.