PDA

View Full Version : Hard fuel line leaking at injector??

95gmc65
05-24-2011, 16:47
This is my first time posting on this forum I have usually be able to search and find the answer to my problems but I can't find anything on this so here it goes. I have 1995 GMC C2500 with 6.5 and I have a fuel leak at the number six cylinder. I first thought that it might be the rubber return lines on the injectors so I change them seeing they were hard and brittle. After replacing them I still had the fuel leak so since the hard fuel line was tight I thought that the injector might be leaking since it is a two piece and a few years old so I replaced it. Even after replacing the injector and rubber return lines I still have a leak at the injector but now I can see the fuel leak more visible and it coming from the hard fuel line. It is foaming out of the top of the hard fuel line where it tighens to the injector. I have tighten it as tight as I can and it still leaks. Do I need to replace the hard line to that injector or can the line be fixed? Also if I need to replace the hard fuel line where would I get it from?

DmaxMaverick
05-24-2011, 20:56
Welcome aboard!

The line may be cracked, or the seat may be damaged. Once they leak, trying to fix them is really pointless. Replace it, or the set. You can find them on Ebay, wrecking yard, or from many of our supporting vendors (http://www.thedieselpage.com/vendors/main.htm). Make sure you get a line (or set) specific to your vehicle. Any 1994+ "truck/SUV" set will fit, but the van/HMMWV, or prior year lines will not. Most often, it is easier to locate a set of lines than one cylinder, and they are NOT interchangeable (each cylinder line is different).

95gmc65
05-24-2011, 22:09
Thank you for the information. I just ordered a new line and intake manifold gasket from Peninsular Diesel. Hopefully this will fix the problem and will post my results.