PDA

View Full Version : Heath ECM reprogram or HF/HP Injectors?

AndyL
01-28-2004, 04:21
They are about the same money and with the HF/HP injectors I get a new set of injectors and improved performance.

Does anyone have duration experience with the HF/HP injectors? Will they last 75K miles?

TurboDiverArt
01-29-2004, 03:40
How many miles on the injectors? I've got 120K on my originals so I'll be replacing the injectors before I flash my ECM. I'm just waiting for it to get warmer...

If your injectors are low mileage I would probably flash/chip the ECM first. If high mileage then I'd do the injectors before the ECM.

AndyL
01-29-2004, 04:01
I have about 60k on my injectors. I sent Bill Heath an Email (haven't heard back yet) if the HF or HP are compatible with the new program. I would think HFs would and the new program would deliver too much fuel. I am not sure how Bill's program works but if it just increased fuel then the HF/HP could deliver the same result, and I would have new injectors, all for the same money. Kinda a two for one deal.

I was hoping JK would chim in with a few opinions??

BigDiesel
01-29-2004, 09:38
Bill's program alters timing as well as fuel. Wait for bill's reply. When I asked him about injectors, he didn't think the HP injectors were entirely necessary. And they smoke more as well.