PDA

View Full Version : The Lone 6.2

Low_Bridge
06-24-2011, 10:41
I'm down to the 6.2 84 Champion Motor Home- 29K Miles & T400 Tranny

Dang If I go to start & she's dragging- just a grunt of a turn.

On battery is a little weak on a pull test. I thought she'd start with the 100 Amp charger attached on start:confused:

So Battery shopping I go:

1. What is the best battery bang for the Buck?

If it's a starter-

Is it worth upgrading to the smaller High torque or just get mine rebuilt?

Stay away from?

Thanks as always!

john8662
06-24-2011, 11:40
I'd get the one you have rebuilt. Sounds like the starter is going bad to me.

Testing the batteries wouldn't be a bad idea before placing the funds down for some new ones.

Low_Bridge
06-24-2011, 12:07
I cant stand how tight everything is in the engine compartment with the one battery- lends nice corrosion to the mater cylinder. Theirs a vented compartment behind the passenger seat for the second battery- Can't I move both Batteries there?

Besides longer cables (maybe) what am I not thinking through?

More Power
06-24-2011, 13:05
I cant stand how tight everything is in the engine compartment with the one battery- lends nice corrosion to the mater cylinder. Theirs a vented compartment behind the passenger seat for the second battery- Can't I move both Batteries there?

Besides longer cables (maybe) what am I not thinking through?

May need to increase cable size, but yes you can move them.

Jim

Low_Bridge
06-29-2011, 07:48
Okay- So I figure it's time to take off the starter. Those dang running boards had to go.... more than a pita on a truck that's high enough to work with ease on a creeper. Except for the running boards!. I take it off & easily roll under & see THE 3 THIRD Battery Mounted to the Frame :eek:(well it may be the factory second & the conversion is the 3rd inside!

It's been there for years so ... So I'm charging her to to see if she'll take a load but I'm thinking she's may be part of the crime!

Low_Bridge
06-29-2011, 19:11
I was working off the accessory battery & all it was was one whipped battery :o. AutoZone treats me well in the Battery department so one gold top did the trick.

It's weird I sold my Blazer a week & a half ago! No wheels! Good thing the business is in the home.

Wow a million things to get done on the Mobile Command Post!