PDA

View Full Version : MIC Tires

CoyleJR
06-26-2011, 12:07
Since I posted information on 6/15/2011 about my 19.5 tires/wheels there has been a major problem with one of the tires. On the 20th I left home in Fountain Hills, Az. and headed for the mountains to getaway from the 110 degrees heat. My 5th was already in the mountains so the truck was empty. About 40 miles into the trip my left front tire exploded with no warning. The casing blew apart and the tread hung on long enough to act like a five foot whip beating on the side of the truck. The rocker panel under the drivers door is crushed flat and pushed into the bottom of the door and the floor is bent up under the drivers feet. Additionally, the mirror was torn off, the hood, both left doors and the left quarter panel were all damaged.

I had checked the tire pressure before I left home and I was on straight level road (60mph) when the tire blew. I am sure the heat had a lot to do with the failure but I also think the Made in China (MIC) tires were a major contributing factor. When I bought the tires and wheels I got a package deal. The wheels were made in the US and the tires (Hercules brand) were MIC. I should have known better because in 2008 we bought a new 5th wheel RV and it came with MIC tires. Three of the five MIC tires failed on it. Two failed (belts separated) on a cool winter evening in Texas within 200 miles and the spare that had never been on the ground developed a large goose egg on it.

I guess that I can't complain since no one was hurt and the truck can be fixed.

I still like the 19.5 tires and recommend them for anyone towing heavy loads with a D/A Dually.

DO NOT BUY MIC TIRES!!!!!!!! Is your life worth the few dollars you save???????

John