PDA

View Full Version : OPS -Cheap parts

HH
07-12-2011, 19:43
Last year, replaced the OPS. Recently replaced the IP. Noticed the lift pump was not working, so I thought I may have done something to the OPS connection. Pulled it off and it was full of oil and there is oil around it. :(

john8662
07-12-2011, 20:16
Yes, I agree.

I have to fire Borg Warner's OPS because after two bad ones on my 1996 K3500 (which requries pulling the friggin intake to replace) I'm fed up with them.

The first one was defective, would not turn off the Fuel Pump. Pump kept running after the truck was shut down, kinda defeats the purpose of the part.

The second one reads incorrectly to the gauge, but operates the OPS.

Buying a Niehoff if I can find it or just getting a new one from the Dealer.

handcannon
07-13-2011, 09:58
I tried a Standard brand OPS. It lasted less than six weeks, even with the OPS relay mod on my 94. The oil pressure also was reading lower.

Get AC Delco, Still working over a year later and my oil pressure is reading the way it was before the Standard OPS.

Don

racer55
07-13-2011, 23:49
AC Delco only for OPS replacement.
Pre 96:OPS relay mod is mandatory by majority opinion.

Kennedy
07-20-2011, 08:03
We only sell the AC Delco units, BUT if you want the lift pump to work reliably, I'd suggest adding my Lift Pump Control Harness. Why keep replacing a part that you know is only going to fail when there is a better option out there?

arveetek
07-20-2011, 14:02
I installed Kennedy's OPS harness on my Tahoe back in late '05, and it's still working great today! Makes fuel filter changes easy as well, since I can just push the button right on the firewall and run the pump manually to purge the system.

Casey

Artworks
07-21-2011, 04:46
YES, Kennedy's relay harness is the answer, reliable and makes fuel filter changes quick& easy to bleed air, 2 min. and your done.

HH
08-18-2011, 06:35
Well that did not last long, so I got 1 month out of a new OPS. Advance Auto replaced the "new" OPS. Paid the additional $10 for a Delco. I will consider the relay to keep things working.

Burning Oil
08-20-2011, 22:49
As stated a ops relay mod is a must. One from Kennedy or make one.
You might consider an OPS extension hose also http://www.pmdcable.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=36