PDA

View Full Version : 1994 Burbon SLE package...video screens??

Deezlejet
08-03-2011, 05:21
Just bought a 1994 GMC 2500HD Suburban SLE.
Does any one know what the two dysfunctional video screens are supposed to do? Did they have backup cam's or navigation in 94?
One is in the dash above climate controls and the other is mounted in the ceiling just above the rear view mirror.
Where can I get an original owners manual?
So far it's been fun chasing out all the bugs.
Previous owner performed some questionable electrical practices. Must have had a killer sound system at some point. They stripped that out though and left a mess of dead ended wires.

6.5 Detroit Diesel
08-03-2011, 08:08
1994 would not have stock screens in it.

now if you are talking about digital displays for things like temperature, direction, heat level, fan direction, you might have those, but a 1994 GM product most definitely did not have stock video screens ;)

pics?

DmaxMaverick
08-03-2011, 09:16
100% aftermarket. None of it will be in the owner's manual. 1994 had no LCD's or a DIC available in any trim, and the SLE is not the highest trim level.

KallyI
08-03-2011, 13:46
Just bought a 1994 GMC 2500HD Suburban SLE.
Does any one know what the two dysfunctional video screens are supposed to do? Did they have backup cam's or navigation in 94?
One is in the dash above climate controls and the other is mounted in the ceiling just above the rear view mirror.
Where can I get an original owners manual?
So far it's been fun chasing out all the bugs.
Previous owner performed some questionable electrical practices. Must have had a killer sound system at some point. They stripped that out though and left a mess of dead ended wires.

I've bought original owners manuals for 2 or 3 different vehicles from ebay vendors. Check it out.

Deezlejet
08-03-2011, 17:54
I'll post some pics tomorrow...too dark now.
They really look like they came from the factory...all built into the trim.
Thanks for all the comments.;)

6.5TDTahoe
08-12-2011, 20:52
A VIN check will show all factory equipment installed during production.

DmaxMaverick
08-12-2011, 21:39
A VIN check will show all factory equipment installed during production.

The VIN will only indicate the most basic standard options. For info on other factory installed options, you have to look at the RPO sticker, in the glove box.