PDA

View Full Version : No glow plugs..

CORNHUSKER
08-20-2011, 12:35
I have a 1994 chevy k2500 6.5 turbo diesel and my truck's glow plug system is not functioning properly. My glow plug light does not come on at all. My truck will start but only after about 5 - 10 seconds of turning over. i have installed a new pcm module and a new glow plug relay. the relay will click on when i turn the ignition so i think it is working properly. anyway i looked at the diagram and it shows that there is a 20 amp fuse located somewhere between the relay and the ignition switch. i have looked all over but i cant seem to find it. does anybody have an idea where the fuse is or any other ideas on what my problem might be.

rustyk
08-20-2011, 13:27
If the relay clicks (are you sure that's what's clicking?), it's working. Check to see if the hot side is getting power; this will be on all the time. Then check the glow plug side with the ignition switch on.

CORNHUSKER
08-20-2011, 14:54
thanks for the fast reply bad relay

Burning Oil
08-20-2011, 22:31
So, your new relay was bad? what brand?

BTW welcome to the forums.

Robyn
08-21-2011, 07:26
WELCOME TO TDP

With so much of the replacement parts being made overseas now its common to see a new part that is DOA right from the box.

Years ago the major brand parts houses sold good quality stuff. Today the brand names are the same but, the contents are mostly from China.

The parts from China, especially electrical stuff can be real crap.

I will say this, back a few years I was having a tough time with the brake rotors on a 94 Burb, always pulsing and jerking after a few K miles.

I bought a set of the China made rotors and never had another issue ??????

Another thing, just because the parts have a OEM (Ma General) sticker on them does not mean that they are not made in china or ??

Many of the OEM replacements are made overseas too.

Glad you got the issue fixed

Missy