PDA

View Full Version : Pensacola rebuilt fuel injection pump

kingpub
09-05-2011, 11:54
They claim to be the worlds number 1 rebuilder and advertize a rebuilt pump w.o. pmd for $450. HAS anybody had experience with them.

Big Blue dsl
10-07-2011, 19:50
Hey I have had a Pensacola fuel pump on my truck since last winter ,works awesome shipped quickly and looked like a quality product. So I think it's a great price, but 450 is without the pmd. I got the new grey stanadyne pmd and harness from bd diesel as they are Canadian eh.lol

CedarGrove
10-07-2011, 21:57
Put one of their DS4s on the 98 a couple of years ago and it is failing as we speak. Never again. You get what you pay for. Tons of bad reviews out there.

racer55
10-10-2011, 20:38
I have never dealt with them but from the various postings on forums like this I would stay very far away.

damon66
10-27-2011, 09:25
STAY AWAY FROM PENSICOLA DIESEL!!!!!! I bought a fuel injector pump, pmd, relocation kit, injectors, and glow plugs. I have had nothing but trouble! My truck will not run at a constant speed. It wants to run at full throttle or none. I called them about it and they said to send it back in to be tested. I didn't right away as my truck is used for business and I needed it. Also I wasn't sure if it was the pump or the tranny which was acting up. The tranny died, was fixed but the surging continued. I had been running on straight diesel but had just put blended fuel in the day the tranny died. I sent the pump in. 2 weeks later I called and it " was on the tester as we speak" They called back and said they would not test it nor honor the warranty as blends would contaminate the test fluid. Almost all fuel is blended now. What a sneaky way to get out of the warranty!!

More Power
10-28-2011, 12:17
STAY AWAY FROM PENSICOLA DIESEL!!!!!! I bought a fuel injector pump, pmd, relocation kit, injectors, and glow plugs. I have had nothing but trouble! My truck will not run at a constant speed. It wants to run at full throttle or none. I called them about it and they said to send it back in to be tested. I didn't right away as my truck is used for business and I needed it. Also I wasn't sure if it was the pump or the tranny which was acting up. The tranny died, was fixed but the surging continued. I had been running on straight diesel but had just put blended fuel in the day the tranny died. I sent the pump in. 2 weeks later I called and it " was on the tester as we speak" They called back and said they would not test it nor honor the warranty as blends would contaminate the test fluid. Almost all fuel is blended now. What a sneaky way to get out of the warranty!!

A rock & a hard place..... Based on everything you mentioned, you have no choice but to get another pump and do your best to install it correctly. This time, I would get one from a vendor who advertises here in The Diesel Page. They are here primarily because they have a track record of satisfying customers.
http://www.thedieselpage.com/vendors/main.htm