PDA

View Full Version : Interior lights

CoyleJR
09-06-2011, 12:05
I have done a DP search of my problem and have gained an understanding of how the BCM and RAP relay systems work on my 2006 Silverado. I think the problem is in the BCM or RAP relay system; but I am not sure. The problem I have is with the interior lights and the radio. The interior lights/radio work properly from all doors with the exception of the drivers door. The lights and the radio will occasionally stay on for about ten minutes after you exit the truck and then go off. The interior lights usually only stay on for five seconds when you open the drivers door. Additionally, I have a problem with the radio not shutting off with the on/off button when driving. I just turn the volume down rather than shutting off the radio. I have the Bose five disc CD radio and I think the on/off button has gone bad in the radio. If anyone can help with pinpointing the cause or causes of these problems I would appreciate it.
(note: all of the problems started at different times over the last year.)
Thanks
John

More Power
09-28-2011, 15:41
As I recall, the BCM/RAP system monitors the door courtesy light switch(s). Does the driver's door switch turn on the courtesy lights when opened?

Jim